I have served clients in an advisory capacity for over 20 years including as a banker and an attorney and most recently as a wealth management advisor at a top 10 regional bank. Throughout my career understanding clients and presenting the best solutions for them have been paramount. Investments, understanding investing and advising clients about their investments have been central interests and passions.
My credentials include:
• JD/MBA, with a concentration in finance, from George Washington University;
• Member, The George Washington Law Review; and
• Series 7 and 66 licenses.
A degree in International Relations from The College of Wooster and subsequent service in the US Peace Corps in Liberia, West Africa, where I advised entrepreneurs, fostered a strong interest in international emerging markets. Since my return from the Peace Corps in 1990, I have worked as a banker and an attorney serving both corporate and individual clients. I founded Neuse River Capital in 2011 to fill a niche in the professional money management field – a need for personal, professional investment advice at a reasonable cost.
When not working, I like to spend time with my wife and son – especially during these years when our son still thinks we are cool. We love to get to the NC beaches and mountains and also play the occasional round of golf but most of our time is spent at our son’s sporting events.
Giving back to the community is extremely important. Each year, NRC gives to charities on behalf of its clients. Charities supported include:
• Wake County Boys & Girls Clubs (www.wakebgc.org);
• Foundation of Hope (www.walkforhope.com);
• Haven House (www.havenhousenc.org);
• Cornucopia Cancer Support Center (www.cancersupport4u.org); and
• Fostering Bright Futures (http://www.waketech.edu/student-life/fostering-bright-futures)